This is a great dish that you can make and put in the freezer to use it later. You can cover and freeze the casserole for up to 3 months. This recipe makes two (2) casseroles so you can freeze one for later or invite more friends over to eat the two you make.
1 package (16 ounces) angel hair pasta
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby- Monterey Jack cheese
Making the Casserole
Cook pasta according to package directions.
While the pasta is cooling in a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink and then drain
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce and then remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta and combine with soup and sour cream
In two 8-in. square baking dishes, layer half of the meat sauce, pasta, soup mixture and cheese
The repeat the layers again on top.
Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until the cheese is
To use the frozen casserole:
- Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking
- Cover and bake the remaining casserole at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until the cheese is